Baked Brie Frisse Salad
- 1 LB Dietz & Watson Hickory Smoked Gourmet Bacon
- 1 1/2 CUPS Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 TB Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 TS Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 TS Salt
- 1 TB Diced Shallots
- 1 1/2 TB Honey
- 1 WHEEL Dietz & Watson Originals Brie
- 4 HEADS Frisse, washed
- 1 CUP Candied Walnuts
- 2 TBSP Rendered Bacon
- Sliced Seasonal Stone Fruit
- 1 CUP Arugula
- 1 FOR HONEY BACON VINAIGRETTE: Slice Dietz & Watson Hickory Smoked Gourmet Bacon into 1” strips and place in a pan to render the fat. Once bacon is rendered, take the pan off heat. Remove bacon from pan and place aside to garnish salad.
- 2 In the warm bacon fat add the dice shallots and sweat, if needed back on heat. Take off heat and add in all the other ingredients minus the vinegar.
- 3 In a bowl, add the vinegar and slowly whisk in bacon fat mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 FOR SALAD: Clean frisée and place in a large mixing bowl. Add candied walnuts, bacon, stone fruit, and arugula. Lightly dress the salad in the vinaigrette.
- 5 Quarter the Dietz & Watson Originals Brie and place on a sheet pan in a 350°F oven for 1 min. Take out and serve atop salad.