Beer Braised Bratwurst & Sauerkraut
- 1lb Dietz & Watson Bratwurst
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 bottle Bock Style Beer
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 cups Dietz & Watson Sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup Sweet Peas
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 1 Heat a tall sided skillet over medium high heat.
- 2 Add onion, beer, and D&W Bratwurst. Simmer, turning sausages occasionally, until beer is reduced to a syrupy constancy and onions are caramelized (about 10 minutes).
- 3 Remove sausages and add beef broth to the pan. Fully incorporate mixture.
- 4 Add Bratwurst back to the pan and simmer until fully cooked, about 10 minutes more.
- 5 Remove Bratwurst and bring broth to a full boil until reduced to syrupy constancy.
- 6 Lower heat to medium low and melt the butter, scraping up the caramelized bits in the pan.
- 7 Add Bratwurst back to the pan. Place D&W Sauerkraut around Bratwurst and cook until heated and somewhat crisp.
- 8 Turn Bratwurst and stir often to mix Sauerkraut with caramelized onions so it doesn’t burn.
- 9 Stir peas into the sauerkraut to heat them
- 10 Season with salt and pepper to taste.