Beer Braised Bratwursts with Apple Mustard Slaw
- 1/2 a head Green cabbage, shredded
- 1 Green apple, chopped
- 4 Green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dietz and Watson Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Dietz and Watson Bratwursts
- 3/4 cup Beer
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Pretzel buns
- 4 tbsp Butter, softened
- 1 First, chop the cabbage, apples, green onions, and parsley. Add to a mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the vinegar and lemon juice while streaming in 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the slaw.
- 2 Preheat the oven to broil.
- 3 Preheat the oven to broil. For the bratwursts, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in pan with lid over medium-high heat. Brown the brats on each side.
- 4 Remove the sausages and add the onions to the pan. Sauté the onions until they are soft and are slightly browned. Pour the beer into the pan.
- 5 Scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Put the sausages back into the pan. Boil for two minutes.
- 6 Turn down the heat to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the brats are cooked through.
- 7 Cut open the pretzel buns. Brush butter and sea salt on top.
- 8 Add pretzel buns to parchment covered pan and broil until browned.
- 9 Top the pretzel buns with sautéed onions, bratwursts, and a couple of spoonfuls of the apple slaw.