Beer Risotto with Bratwurst & Gouda
- 8 oz Dietz & Watson All Natural Bratwurst
- 1/2 cup Dietz & Watson Red Wax Gouda, grated
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 12 oz Dark Beer, room temperature
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 Pour the chicken stock in a medium sauce pot. Keep warm over low heat.
- 2 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large saute pan over medium heat.
- 3 Add the sliced Dietz & Watson Bratwurst and saute until browned. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- 4 Add chopped onion and garlic to the same pan. Saute until translucent. Add the rice and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- 5 Add half of the beer and stir until it is fully absorbed. Add the remaining beer and stir until it is fully absorbed. Add a ladle of the chicken stock and cook until full absorbed, stirring frequently. Continue adding the stock in increments once the rice appears almost dry. Cook until the rice appears creamy and is al dente.
- 6 Stir in 1 tablespoon of butter and the grated Dietz & Watson Red Wax Gouda cheese.
- 7 Add back the Dietz & Watson Bratwurst.
- 8 Season risotto with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9 Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.