- 1 LB Dietz & Watson Gourmet Bacon
- 1 tbsp Course Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2 In a large bowl mix together the light brown sugar and the black pepper.
- 3 Place one strip at a time into the brown sugar mixture and completely cover the bacon on both sides. Gently press the mixture onto the bacon.
- 4 Pull out the bacon and give it a little shake to let some of the brown sugar mixture fall off. The bacon should have a nice even coating. Not too heavy.
- 5 Cover a baking sheet with parchment, foil, or a wire roasting rack and arrange the bacon in a single layer. Try not to let them touch. Sprinkle any sugar left in the bowl over the bacon.
- 6 Place the tray in the center of the oven and bake for 20 minutes. If it is not golden brown yet and fairly crispy after 20 minutes, resist the temptation to turn up the oven temperature, and cook it for 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- 7 When the bacon is done remove from the oven and let it set in the pan for 5 minutes. Then carefully remove each slice and put on a tray to cool. Do not put on paper towels to drain. It will stick to the paper.
- 8 Be patient! The bacon will "crisp" up a little more as it cools. No sides needed- just set it on a plate and enjoy!