Cheddar Fennel Potato Gratin
- 9 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup Dietz & Watson Yellow NY C-Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, sliced
- 1 T Butter
- 2 T All-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 In a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, combine the potatoes and fennel; set aside.
- 2 In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Layered a casserole dish with 1/2 potatoes slices and 1/3 cup of cheddar cheese and repeat.
- 3 Pour over mixture; gently toss to coat potatoes. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.