Cheesy Grits with Chicken Sausage
- 1 serving Grits (instance or coarse ground, choose preference)
- 1/8 cup Dietz & Watson NYS Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1oz Dietz & Watson Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 link Dietz & Watson Tomatillo Salsa Chicken Sausage, chopped
- 4 stalks Asparagus, chopped
- 1 Poached Egg
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 stalk Green Onion, chopped
- 1 Cook grits according to directions, then mix in shredded Dietz & Watson NYS Cheddar and grated Parmesan Cheese.
- 2 While grits are thickening, cook Dietz & Watson Tomatillo Salsa Chicken Sausage in a skillet over medium heat, with 1tsp of olive oil until browned and cooked through (about 7 minutes)
- 3 Remove Dietz & Watson Tomatillo Chicken Sausage and chop link.
- 4 Chop asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 5 Cook asparagus in same pan on stove top for about 3 minutes, or until bright green
- 6 Top grits with chopped Dietz & Watson Tomatillo Chicken Sausage, green onion, asparagus and poached egg. Add additional salt & pepper as desired