Corned Beef & Cabbage Egg Rolls
Our delicious corned beef makes this a favorite egg roll recipe. Serves 4.
- 12 oz Dietz & Watson™ Corned Beef Brisket (finely shaved)
- 12 8-inch egg roll wrappers
- 2 tbsp Dietz & Watson™ Sandwich Spread
- 4 cups green cabbage, julienned finely (to yield 2 cups cooked cabbage)
- - Dietz & Watson™ Stone Ground Mustard
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 Sauté cabbage in melted butter in a large skillet over high heat. Cook until the cabbage reduces in half (cabbage should still remain crisp). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate cabbage until completely cool (at least two hours).
- 2 Layer two egg roll wrappers on top of each other. Spread evenly 1 tsp each of Dietz & Watson sandwich spread and Stone Ground Mustard on each doubled wrapper.
- 3 Add 1/3 cup of cooked cabbage and 2 oz of finely shaved Dietz & Watson Corned Beef Brisket to each wrapper (make sure cabbage is dry before adding, otherwise the egg roll will fall apart.)
- 4 Heavily brush the edges of the egg roll wrapper with beaten egg, then begin rolling the wrapper tightly around the filling. Halfway up, fold in the sides, then continue to roll the rest of the way. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 5 Heat vegetable oil to 350°F in a large, high-sided pot. Gently drop in the egg rolls and fry until golden brown and cooked through (about 5 minutes). Remove and drain on a towel.
- 6 Slice on a bias, and serve with Dietz & Watson Stone Ground Mustard for dipping.