Cranberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- 8 ounces Dietz & Watson Goat Cheese
- 1 thin, good quality baguette, sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb fresh (or frozen) cranberries, washed
- 2 tsp chopped fresh ginger, don't worry about chopping it too fine at this point
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch zest from one orange, reserve a bit for garnish
- 3/4 - 1 cup pomegranate arils or seeds, reserve a few for garnish
- 1 pinch finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- 1 Place the cranberries, ginger, sugar, honey and Sriracha in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse on and off several times till cranberries are coarsely chopped. Don't process too much.
- 2 Add cilantro and pulse a few more times. Not too much, you want cilantro bits to be visible and mixture to be a bit chunky.
- 3 Transfer to a storage container and add pomegranate arils* and orange zest. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or till ready to use.
- 4 For the crostini, preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 2 sheet pans with foil or parchment paper, if desired for easy clean up.
- 5 Place baguette slices on prepared pans. Brush lightly with oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and a grind of pepper.
- 6 Bake for 14-18 minutes or until golden, rotating pans halfway through baking time.
- 7 To assemble bruschetta, spread about ½-1 tablespoon of Dietz & Watson Goat Cheese on each crostini. Top with a scoop of the relish. Garnish with a bit of orange zest, if desired.