Fresh Ricotta Gnocchi
Created and prepared by Chef Nicholas Elmi of Laurel in Philadelphia.
- FOR RICOTTA GNOCCHI:
- 2 IBS Fresh hand dipped ricotta
- ½ CUP All purpose flour
- 7 Egg yolks
- ½ Bunch Chives, minced
- To Taste Salt
- 1 In a stand mixer, paddle together ricotta and flour on medium until the flour is hydrated. Slowly add in the egg yolks and salt. Fold in the chives.
- 2 Place the dough in a pastry bag and rest dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 3 Bring a pot of water to a boil. Season with salt. Cut the tip from the pastry bag to desired size. Pipe the dough into the water using either an offset spatula or a pair of kitchen shears to cut the dough. Let the gnocchi simmer for 2 min. Remove, toss in olive oil and cool. This makes about 20 portions.
- 4 In a large sauté pan, warm the olive oil on medium high heat. Add the Dietz & Watson Soppressata and render until crisp. Add the garlic and let sweat for 20 seconds. Add the water/ stock to deglaze and bring to a simmer. Add the gnocchi and the butter and let simmer constantly, stirring until the water/butter starts to lightly coat the pasta. Add the green garlic puree and the herbs and toss well. Plate in a small bowl and garnish each bowl with breadcrumbs and grated Dietz & Watson Originals Grana Padano.