Goat Cheese Panna Cotta
Created and prepared by Chef Justin Severino of Morcilla in Pittsburgh.
- 2 CUPS Goat Cheese
- 2 CUPS Whole milk
- 1 SHEET Gelatin
- 1 OZ Gram Sugar
- Strawberry Sorbet
- 1 POUND Strawberries
- 2 TBSP White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ CUP Sugar
- ½ CUP Water
- 3/4 CUP Glucose
- Candied Hazelnuts Recipe:
- 2 CUPS Sugar
- 1½ CUPS Toasted and chopped hazelnuts
- 1 In a small bowl, combine 1 sheet of gelatin, ice and water to ensure the gelatin is covered. This blooms or softens the gelatin. In a saucepot over medium low heat, whisk milk, goat cheese, and sugar until warm. Add bloomed gelatin and whisk until dissolved. Pour into small ramekins and refrigerate until set.
- 2 Puree strawberries in a blender until smooth. In a pot over medium heat whisk all ingredients until sugar and glucose is dissolved. Pour into and ice cream maker. When thick creamy consistency is achieved, freeze to let set further. Reserve for plate up.
- 3 Add sugar to a heavy bottom saucepot and cook over medium-low heat until melted and amber in color. Remove from heat and stir in hazelnuts. Carefully pour onto a cookie sheet lined with a silpat. Let cool at room temperature until cool. Break apart. Reserve for plate up.