Grilled Peach, Gouda & Bacon Sandwich
- 1/2 lb. Dietz & Watson Smoked Gouda, Sliced Thin
- 8 Slices Dietz & Watson Gourmet Bacon, cooked crisp
- 2 Peaches, cut in half, then grilled
- 2 Pretzel Rolls, cut in Half
- 1/4 stick Butter, softened
- 1 Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2 Cover a baking sheet with parchment or foil and arrange the bacon in a single layer on top.
- 3 Top with another layer of parchment or foil and top it, squarely, with another baking sheet. The baking sheet will flatten the bacon as it cooks.
- 4 Place the tray in the center of the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Check the bacon by lifting the top tray and parchment. Remove Bacon from oven once browned & crisp.
- 5 To prepare the peach, cut in half and remove pit. Either on your BBQ grill or under your broiler, cook just to put some char on the peach, about 2 minutes on each side.
- 6 Assemble sandwich by placing 2 slices of cheese on each side of the roll, followed by 4 pieces of cooked, crisp bacon slices and 1/2 grilled peach.
- 7 Heat the Griddle over medium-low heat, butter both outsides of the bread and place on skillet, cooking for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cheese is melty.
- 8 Serve warm.