Ham and Cheese Egg Bake
- 4-6 slices white bread, crust trimmed and discarded, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 8 oz. sliced deli ham, coarsely chopped
- 2.5 cups American cheese finely chopped strips
- 3 T finely chopped fresh chives
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- - Salt and pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 Grease a 2 quart baking dish. Layer the bread, ham, 2 cups cheese and 2 tablespoons chives in the dish.
- 3 In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Pour into the dish and top with the tomato slices in an even layer.
- 4 Bake the eggs until nearly set, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and 1 tablespoon chives on top and bake until golden.