Italian Style Roast Beef Chicago Hero
- 2 10” Italian hoagie rolls sliced open lengthwise
- 3 lbs thickly sliced Dietz & Watson™ Italian Roast Beef
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 16 oz jar giardiniera, drained
- 1 Layer slices of roast beef into a slow cooker
- 2 In a food processor, puree onion, garlic and oregano. Transfer to slow cooker to cover roast beef slices.
- 3 Combine beef broth and base; pour over the top.
- 4 Cover and cook on low for 5-8 hours.
- 5 Remove meat and shred if desired with two forks.
- 6 Return meat to slow cooker until ready to serve.
- 7 Remove roast beef. Serve beef on roll; top with giardiniera and juice from the slow cooker.
- 8 Use remaining seasoned roast beef juice as a dipping sauce