Created and prepared by Chef Nicholas Elmi of Laurel in Philadelphia.
- FOR PORK:
- 6 OZ Ground Dietz & Watson Kielbasa
- 6 OZ Ground pork
- 12 OZ Pork loin caul fat (optional)
- FOR MUSTARD & BACON-BRAISED KALE:
- 6 OZ Dietz & Watson Bacon, diced
- 3 TBSP Garlic, minced
- 3 TBSP Shallot, minced
- 1 CUP Chicken stock
- 4 Bushels Black kale, sliced
- To Taste Sherry vinegar
- 3 TBSP Butter
- 1 TBSP Grain mustard
- 1 FOR PORK: Mix the ground pork and Dietz & Watson Kielbasa together. Lay flat on a piece of plastic wrap and smooth out until one even layer. Split the pork loin lengthwise and lay on top of the ground pork mixture. Roll together in the plastic wrap and tie off each end. Lay out a layer of rinsed caul fat. Unwrap the pork loin from the plastic and place in the caul fat. Wrap tight in a single layer cutting off and discarding what is not needed. Reserve in the fridge.
- 2 FOR MUSTARD & B ACON-BRAISED KALE: Sweat the Dietz & Watson Bacon in a medium pot until very crisp. Add the garlic and shallot and sweat for 30 seconds. Add the kale and stock and turn the heat to medium high and let cook for 7 minutes. Mix in the sherry vinegar, butter and grain mustard. Reserve and keep warm.
- 3 TO FINISH: Heat blended oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and sauté the pork loin until golden on all sides
- 4 Roast in a 300°F oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 135°F. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve over warm kale greens.