Maple Bacon Cupcakes
- 1 PACKAGE Dietz & Watson Bacon
- 1 1/2 CUPS all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 TSP baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 TSP Kosher salt
- 3 1/2 STICKS unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 TSP caramel extract
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 1 CUP sugar
- 1 1/4 CUP whole milk
- 2 1/12 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/4 TSP cinnamon
- 1/2 CUP brown sugar
- PINCH paprika
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a greased baking sheet, lay out the bacon and bake until desired crispiness. Once bacon has cooled, mince or crumble in a bowl; set aside.
- 2 In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and sugar until fluffy. While beating the mixture, add vanilla and caramel extract.
- 3 Slowly add the flour mixture and beat on low. Alternate adding the flour mixture with milk. Using a scoop, divide batter evenly into the greased muffin tin.
- 4 Bake cupcakes or 10 to 12 minutes or toothpick comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool for about 15 minutes.
- 5 For icing: Beat the remaining softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. Slowly add confectioner's sugar and continue to beat alternating with remaining milk and maple syrup. Add additional confectionary sugar if needed until desired consistency.
- 6 For candied bacon: In a medium bowl, stir crumbled the bacon and dust with brown sugar, cinnamon, and paprika. Drizzle maple syrup and lay on baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 7 Using a spatula, frost cupcakes and sprinkle candied bacon.