Mustard Caramel Chocolate Bars
- 2 tbsp Dietz & Watson Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 6 oz Pretzels, thin
- 8 oz Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 Line 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick foil.
- 2 Break up 4 oz of the pretzels and evenly line the bottom of the baking pan.
- 3 In a small sauce pan, on medium heat, stir the sugar into the water until the sugar has completely dissolved. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, do not stir. Swirl the pan so the caramel colors evenly, until it’s a light amber color (about 8-10 minutes). Remove from heat.
- 4 Add Dietz & Watson Whole Grain Dijon Mustard, heavy cream and butter. Then carefully whisk to incorporate. Immediately pour caramel mixture over pretzels as evenly as possible. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- 5 Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe dish in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted. Spread chocolate evenly over the caramel layer.
- 6 In a resealable bag, crush pretzels with a rolling pin. Sprinkle crushed pretzels over chocolate layer while it’s still melted.
- 7 Chill 30 minutes, then cut and serve.