Pesto Pasta with Ham & Provolone
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Dietz & Watson™ Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 1 12oz box tri-color rotini or spiral shaped pasta
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot medley
- 12 oz Dietz & Watson™ Black Forest Ham, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 Cook pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables to boiling pasta water for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain pasta and vegetables and return to cooking pot.
- 2 Heat heavy whipping cream and water in a small, saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- 3 Add butter, pesto sauce, garlic powder and salt.
- 4 Reduce heat and continue to cook about 5 more minutes over low heat.
- 5 Stir in ½ cup parmesan cheese until melted. Pour cheese sauce over pasta and vegetables.
- 6 Add ham; stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.