Rosemary Ham & Sottocenere Panini
Created and prepared by Chef Nicholas Elmi of Laurel n Philadelphia.
- FOR POTATO SOUP:
- 4 TBSP Truffle butter
- 1 CUP Onions, thinly sliced
- 3 TBSP Garlic, chopped
- 1 RIB Celery, chopped
- 1 TSP Salt
- ⅛ TSP Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch Cayenne
- 4 OZ White mushrooms
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 CUPS Vegetable stock
- ½ LB baking potatoes, peeled & diced
- ¼ CUP Heavy cream (optional)
- FOR PANINI:
- 1/2 POUND Dietz & Watson Rosemary Ham
- 1 PACKAGE Dietz & Watson Swedish Style Fontina Cheese
- Sliced Potato bread
- 1 FOR POTATO SOUP: Melt the butter in a saucepot and add the onions, garlic and celery. Sweat with no color until translucent. Add the remaining ingredients (except the cream) and bring to a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are very soft. Puree the soup with in a blender until smooth and pass through a chinois or mesh sieve. Add some cream to taste (optional). Finish with grated black truffle.
- 2 FOR PANINI: Place down one piece of potato bread. Lay several pieces of very thinly sliced Dietz & Watson Rosemary Ham on top, followed by the Dietz & Watson Swedish Style Fontina Cheese followed by bread. Lightly toast in a non-stick pan with butter until crisp and melted. Cut in half and serve with warmed soup.