Savory Potato Chowder with Bacon
- 8 slices Dietz & Watson Gourmet Smoked Bacon
- 6 medium new red potatoes, cubed 1/2 inch
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Dietz & Watson Smoked Gouda
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (10.75 oz) can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Cook bacon in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes; add potatoes and onions. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender (10 to 15 minutes).
- 2 Add all remaining ingredients. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (5 to 10 minutes).