The Pina Picante Dog
From the sweetness of the pineapple, crispy bacon crunch and the heat of our Sweet & Hot Mustard, our Pina Picante (Spicy Pineapple) hot dog recipe delivers the perfect balance between sweet and hot all topped on our New York Style Natural Casing Beef Frank.
- 4 Dietz & Watson Natural Casing Beef Franks
- 4 Dietz & Watson Bacon
- 4 TBSP Dietz & Watson Sweet & Hot Mustard
- 4 Split-top hot dog buns
- 1 CAN Crushed pineapple
- 1 MEDIUM Red onion, minced
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Lay bacon out on a baking sheet, cook until desired crispness. Set aside.
- 3 Preheat grill to low heat. Cook hot dogs until golden brown.
- 4 In a medium bowl, mix zesty honey mustard, red onion, and crushed pineapple.
- 5 In the hot dog bun, lay grilled hot dog and bacon. Top with zesty pineapple mixture.
- 6 NOTE: Brush your hot dogs with zesty honey mustard and toast in the oven for added flavor