Veggie Pilaf with Applewood Chicken Kielbasa
A deliciously satisfying, easy-to-make casserole that’s even better the next day. Serves 6.
- 16 oz Dietz & Watson™ Applewood Chicken Kielbasa
- 1 pkg rice pilaf mix
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 large sweet potato or carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook Rice pilaf mix according to package directions, except omit butter or oil. Cover and keep warm.
- 2 Prepare kielbasa by slicing into ¾ inch pieces.
- 3 Place pan on stove and turn flame to medium heat. Place sliced kielbasa in pan and fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until kielbasa are golden brown, turning once.
- 4 In a large bowl, stir together oil, garlic and thyme. Add sweet potato, zucchini and onion; stir to coat. Spread vegetables and cooked sliced kielbasa in a single layer in a 15 x 10 x 1 – inch baking pan. Roast, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are light brown and tender, stirring occasionally. Stir roasted vegetables, pecans and vinegar into hot rice pilaf. Serve warm or at room temperature.