Whipped Goat Cheese Crespelle
Created and prepared by Chef Cullen Campbell of Crudo in Pheonix.
- FOR WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE:
- 1 LB Dietz & Watson Originals Goat Cheese
- 6 OZ Cream cheese
- 8 OZ Cream
- 1 CUP Powdered sugar
- FOR CRESPELLE:
- 1½ CUPS 00 flour
- 4 Eggs
- ½ TSP Salt
- 2 CUPS Milk
- ¼ CUP Sugar for sweet crespelle
- 1 FOR WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE: Mix Dietz & Watson Originals Goat Cheese, cream cheese, cream, and powdered sugar in a mixer and whip for 5 minutes.
- 2 FOR CRESPELLE: Pour flour into a mixing bowl. Crack eggs into flour. Add salt and milk then whisk all together.
- 3 Heat a 6” non-stick pan until hot and brush with olive oil. Reduce heat to medium and pour 1½-2 tbsp. batter into pan. Cook until pale golden (about 30-40 seconds) then flip. Cook on other side for 20 seconds and remove to a plate. Continue the process until all the batter has been used, yielding between 17 and 19 crespelle.
- 4 Fill each crespelle with 3 tbsp. of cheese mixture and fold in half. Continue filling crespelle until all are full.
- 5 Refrigerate overnight and slice into wedges. Garnish with fresh strawberries.