Wild Mushroom Risotto
- 1 Package Asiago Spinach Chicken Sausage
- 8 CUPS Vegetable Stock
- 1.5 LB Mixed Mushrooms (shiitake and oyster mushroom)
- 3 TB Unsalted Butter
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Chopped Onions
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 CUPS Arborio rice or short-grain white rice
- 2/3 CUP Dry White Wine
- 2/3 CUP Dietz & Watson Originals Grated Parmesan
- To Taste Freshly Ground Pepper
- To Taste Salt
- 1 Clean the mushrooms and place in a mixing bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Move to a roasting pan and place in oven. Cook at 400°F until mushrooms are tender and have color (about 8 mins.). Let cool and finely chop.
- 2 Bring the stock to a simmer in a medium saucepan and reduce to very low heat to keep warm.
- 3 In a heavy large saucepan, add oil over medium heat. Add onions and salt and sauté until tender (about 8 mins.). Add diced Dietz & Watson Originals Asiago & Spinach Chicken Sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add mushrooms. Stir in rice and let it toast for 2-3 minutes. Add the wine and cook until liquid is absorbed, stirring often (about 2 mins.). Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 4 Add 1 cup of warm broth and simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring often. Repeat until the rice is just tender and the mixture is creamy, about 26 minutes. Remove from heat and season to taste. Mix in cold butter and Dietz & Watson Originals Grated Parmesan, and serve.