Created and prepared by Chef Justin Severino of Morcilla in Pittsburgh.
- Pasta Recipe:
- 15 OUNCES Ricotta
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 4 1/3 CUPS All purpose flour
- Method Cavatelli:
- ¼ CUP Mortadella, cubed
- 1 CUP Cavatelli, cooked
- ¼ CUP Asparagus, blanched and cut
- ¼ CUP Mascarpone
- 1 TBSP Roasted garlic
- To Taste Vegetable stock
- 1 In a large bowl, mix eggs, ricotta and flour until a ball is formed and the dough starts to pull away from your fingers when mixing. Let rest 30 min wrapped in plastic.
- 2 Then roll out into ½ thick sheet and cut into ½ in squares. Using a gnocchi board or back of a fork, take one square and press on the board using your thumb and roll the cavatelli off the board into a shell shape. Repeat with each square flouring the board and the pasta in between. Blanch in salted boiling water until floating. Strain.
- 3 In a small pot, heat roasted garlic in a small amount of oil until fragrant. Then add mortadella, asparagus, and a small amount of veg stock. Add cavatelli and stir in mascarpone until melted and creamy. Add a pinch of Parmesan and salt. Put in bowl top pasta with olive oil, grated Parmesan, toasted pistachios and cracked pepper.
- 4 Add a pinch of Parmesan and salt. Put in bowl top pasta with olive oil, grated Parmesan, toasted pistachios and cracked pepper.