Garlic & Cheddar Corn Chowder
- 8 oz cooked Dietz & Watson™ Bacon, chopped
- 1 can (10¾ ounce) of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2 large white boiling potatoes (2 cups), peeled and cubed 1/2-inch
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups corn frozen
- 8 oz Dietz & Watson™ Garlic Cheddar Cheese shredded or diced
- 1 In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, cook the bacon and olive oil until the bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Remove the bacon, cool and crumble
- 3 Reduce the heat to medium, add the onions and butter, and cook for 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- 4 Add the chicken stock, half and half, cream of chicken soup and potatoes, bring to a boil, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- 5 Add the corn, 2/3 of the bacon and garlic cheddar to the soup. Cook for 5 more minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- 6 Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7 Serve hot with a garnish of crumbled bacon.